Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Heroes in a Half-Shell...

TURTLE POWER!! So the depths of my dorkness hasn't bottomed out yet! I recently purchased the TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) movie that came out in theaters last March. I was not able to see in the theater because Amanda sometimes is hard to get to see "kid's movies" as she refers to them. I can't complain too much, see did see Transformers with me and she liked it a lot so that was cool. I love seeing movies with her but sometimes I need to go with friends or on my own, I get it as I do have a broad taste in what I want to see.

Now for TMNT, I was so excited to see it but got worried because they chose to make the cover look like a cartoon from the original series. But the movie was far from the hand drawn cartoon of my past. It was CGI and very well done! They used a company that is like Pixar but from Japan which made the fight scenes turn out very realistic. They chose to keep things like fighting realistic as they knew that jumping 30 ft in the air wasn't too realstic for a 5 foot tall, talking turtle trained by a rat to be a ninja! Seriously though it was cool. They even had a fight scene that many of us wondered about, I won't spoil it. The bad guys were cool, no Shredder this time but they brought in Patrick Stewart (Capt. Picard/Professor Xavior) to be the lead villian. They also used a lot of Men in Black type aliens to round out the fun. The Foot Clan were also involved with a hint of a sequel with Shredder mentioned...

TMNT is cool for everyone, they deal with being different, being excepted and being a family which I think in today's times and the fact the nuclear family is as unstable as it's namesake, it is good to show kid's that they are special, should be proud of that and stay with their family no matter what the world says! And be kind to animals...

No comments: