Friday, July 13, 2007

Greatest Movie EVER (Transformers), HP5 & My Job

Well, if you know me you know that I have been with Disney for close to 11 years. I haven't worked anywhere else and I have been around long enough to not have the "pixie dust" and I have been called "old Disney" by many of my peers, friends and those that report to me. "Old Disney" means that I can turn the "Disney" on and off depending on the situation and that I realize that to do business you can't be successful by always being "Disney". So it is no surprise to me that I am at the end of my career rope and I finally have an interview for a potential promotion which would mean more money (nice to have, just look at Amanda's blog to see why), better schedule, a step up to a senior leader (I would have salaried leader's reporting to me) and I could be able to build my own team which I would love to build a team the right way and kick the crap out of every other team in existence!! I would hire like-minded people with my philosophy and work ethic...we would bring the "old Disney" style. They would not be clones because I love to debate, argue and get push back...it makes me better! Now I leave this in the public realm on my blog and I ask that everyone prayer for me on this Wednesday at 4:00-5:00 pm. I want and need this job, it may change my life!

Less seriously...I can not review the Harry Potter movie because I thought it was excellant and it reminded me of the "Empire Strikes Back" piece of the Star Wars Epic. It was a great story and I am amazed at the level of acting that Daniel Radcliffe has grown to. I guess naked plays in England help...not sure. But it is nice to see him grow as an actor because he could easily just ride this out and not get any better. I can say this, I wish that Ron would've had a little more to do or say as he at times is the comic relief.

Transformers was amazing. It was sexy, funny, action packed (they blew everything up!) and the CGI was the best ever. Michael Bay must've learned how to make a movie or Spielberg had a lot of influence on this. I actually got in my truck and thought..."am I driver a Transformer?" I hope they make this a franchise but continue to use the same amount of cutting edge movie making. I want to have this in writing: I predict that Shia Labeouf with the next Tom Hanks. This guy has great comedic timing, amazing depth and he has a great amount of momentum right now carrying him into Indiana Jones 4. Who would believe that he was once on "Even Stevens". Add that to the list of names from the Disney machine... I will do more on Transformers after I see it in IMAX.

Oh yeah, I want a H3...no way to work that in, so I just said it.





8 comments:

ndfugate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ndfugate said...

dont know that HP5 was the greatest movie ever ... in fact Episode VI and IV of Star Wars are better and Empire was better than those ... on top of that cuaron's azkaban was the best of the series ... but to each his own.

hopefully you'll get the job. the only "old" Disney's that could not turn it off and still get the job done were Walt and Roy, but hey i guess you got to have the last name for that.

looking forward to seeing yall in a couple weeks, maybe we can throw a tent up in yalls new front yard.

Michelle said...

I liked the Harry Potter movie because of the story. It was nice not having so much action for a change. Anyways I'm wierd like that sometimes. I also liked it because it wasn't 3+ hrs long. I am excited about your new place. Don't freak out too bad. It will be ok. I will be praying about the job because maybe amanda can scrapbook again if you make more money(j/k). ha ha ha. Love you guys and very excited about all the upcoming changes in your life!!!

J. Adama said...

I mistyped..."The Greatest Movie Ever" is Transformers, in my opinion. HP5 was good and I thought that Empire was good and possibly the best, I still love Jedi. I compared them HP5 to Empire simply because it was darker, the characters showed depth and the main character has a lot to figure out while facing their inner evil. Empire was an amazing story because it was after the introductions of who is who and it ended with the heroes losing.

J. Adama said...

Thanks for the support and prayers. Harry Potter is much like Star Wars because of the stories but also because we know that the end is near and then we say, "now what"? I think the four of us should write a book and start a new series, make millions and not let it end...

ndfugate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ndfugate said...

that's the reason harry potter and any other great story is great ... it has an end

Amanda said...

OK...book writing might be fun...BUT it sounds like A LOT of work!

Nic, I am NOT sleeping in a tent and niether are you... You are welcome to come stay in the second master suite in our new house anytime you can visit as long as you bring Michelle and a trunk full of scrapbooking stuff! .